MasterChef contestant and founder of Ollies Flavoured Olives, James Ward says "Ollies is about taking something simple and spicing it up to create something new and delicious."
We love this philosophy, which is why we were super excited to share Ollies with you in the April GoodnessMe Box. For those of you looking for a weekend party snack or to add some extra flavour to your meals, try this delicious dip recipe.
- 1 x 45g packet Ollies
- Flavoured Olives - Chilli and Rosemary
- 1 x handful rocket leaves, chopped finely 1 x tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 30g almonds
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, in brine
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 asparagus spears
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180C.
- Place the almonds on a roasting tray and toast in the oven for
10 minutes. Allow to cool, then chop finely and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 3-4 minutes,
then refresh in cold water. Chop finely and set aside.
- Drain the brine from the capers, chop finely and set aside.
- Empty the packet of olives on to a chopping board, then chop
finely and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a mortar and gently pound with the
pestle. The idea is not to crush everything to a paste, but to
gently combine all the flavours together.
- Season to taste and serve as a simple dip, spread on toast,
roast meats or stir through pasta.
Click here to read more about why we love these olives so much!