When Lee was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition in 2006 she went on a mission to reclaim her health. With a background in food and nutrition She decided to follow her own path to healing and researched food and nutrition and developed a diet regime that led to full recovery!
She believes that just by eating well and changing your current lifestyle you can look forward to not only having boundless energy and a strong immune system, you will also be optimizing your health, preventing disease and increasing longevity!
She is now an Author, Holistic health/wellness coach and wholefoods chef and we are lucky enough to have her share her delicious healthy recipe below!
Chia and Flaxseed Loaf
- 350 g (2 1/3 cups) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 30 g (1/4 cup) ground flaxseeds
- 20 g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 115 g (3/4 cup) mixed sunflower seeds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 x 35 g packet Brookfarm Brothers Blend nuts crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) additive-free coconut milk
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Meko coconut water
- Cocolife Virgin Coconut Oil spray for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (and grease and flour a 20 x 9 cm (8 x 31/2 inch) loaf tin with Cocolife Virgin Coconut Oil spray.
- Combine the flour, flaxseed, chia, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, crushed Brookfarm Brothers Blend nuts and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs for about 2 minutes – they should be pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar, butter, coconut milk, stevia and Meko coconut water.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- This loaf will keep for one week in the fridge or two months in the freezer.