Not sure what to do with your carob? Have a go at whipping up this naughty-turned-nice Choccie Fudge. This is a protein packed, high fiber, low GI, absolutely wicked chocolate tasting treat. There is no sugar, gluten or dairy used and all the ingredients are natural wholefoods. You'd never know it's actually good for you ;) This sweet snack goes down a treat with a nice cuppa after dinner.
- 2 cups Walnuts
- 1 cup Carob Powder
- 3 sachets Coconut Butter or Paste
- ½ cup Coconut Oil – melted
- 1½ cups desiccated Coconut
- ¼ cup Carob Syrup
- ½ cup Tahini
- 1 cup Goji Berries
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 level tsp Himalayan Salt
- Extra Coconut for garnish
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan, if necessary. Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl and combine. If the mixture is too dry add a little water. The mix should be the consistency of peanut paste.
- Press mixture into a square shallow dish, about 25cm square.
- Sprinkle with a little coconut. Then place in the freezer till it sets (approx 2 hours).
- Serve frozen….it’s sensational!
- You can add Pecan, Macadamia or Pistachio nuts, or add some fresh grated ginger for a bit of bite. Even a pinch of chili goes well.
- Serve with Strawberries or Blueberries. Carob Fridge Fudge will keep in the freezer for months.
Recipe courtesy of The Carob Kitchen