Who doesn't love a good muffin? This one is perfect for on the go breakfasts.
- 1/2 cup oat or wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup Natvia natural sweetener (or coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp flax meal soaked in 1.5 Tbsp water to make a flax 'egg'
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Pureharvest rice (or coconut) milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 100g frozen blueberries
- Handful of Bioglan coconut chips
Method | Makes 6
- Preheat oven to 180C and line your muffin tin
- Set aside the flax 'egg' to soak. Then cook your chopped apple for about 15 minutes or until soft
- Meanwhile sift together flours, sweetener and baking soda
- In a blender, blend the vanilla, cooked apple, milk and water until smooth
- Stir the wet mixture and the flax egg into the dry ingredients to combine, then gently fold in frozen blueberries
- Spoon evenly into your muffin tray and sprinkle with coconut chips
- Pop them in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes or until golden
- Let them cool a bit before removing from the tray and enjoy!
This recipe was created by Nina from @naturally_nina