Who doesn't love a good muffin? This one is perfect for on the go breakfasts.
- 1/2 cup oat or wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup Natvia natural sweetener (or coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp flax meal soaked in 1.5 Tbsp water to make a flax 'egg'
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Pureharvest rice (or coconut) milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 100g frozen blueberries
- Handful of Bioglan coconut chips
Method | Makes 6
Preheat oven to 180C and line your muffin tin
Set aside the flax 'egg' to soak. Then cook your chopped apple for about 15 minutes or until soft
Meanwhile sift together flours, sweetener and baking soda
In a blender, blend the vanilla, cooked apple, milk and water until smooth
Stir the wet mixture and the flax egg into the dry ingredients to combine, then gently fold in frozen blueberries
Spoon evenly into your muffin tray and sprinkle with coconut chips
Pop them in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes or until golden
Let them cool a bit before removing from the tray and enjoy!
This recipe was created by Nina from @naturally_nina