This recipe was kindly shared with us by our wonderful friends at McKenzie's. They are delicious cacao bliss balls that are so easy to make and are perfect if you are gluten free or vegan.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews & walnuts)
- ¹/³ cup McKenzie’s Coconut Flour
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Shredded Coconut
- ¹/³ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Desiccated Coconut
- Soak the dates in warm water for 20 minutes to soften. Drain the dates, reserving the soaking liquid.
- Add dates, nuts, flour and shredded coconut to a food processor and mix until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add cacao powder and coconut oil and blend. If the mixture is too dry add 1/4 cup of soaking liquid from dates and blend. The mixture needs to be moist enough to roll into balls.
- Roll into mini golf balls. Continue until all mixture is used. Roll each ball into the desiccated coconut to coat.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
TIPS: Use any dried fruit or nut/seed combination that you prefer. Love the flavour of cinnamon? Add ½ tsp McKenzie's cinnamon at step 2. Want a zesty flavour. Add ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice instead of the soaking liquid from the dates at step 3.