Simple. Decadent. New age vibes. Old school satisfaction. Best enjoyed straight from the freezer. These amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites are a perfect treat kindly shared with us by Alexx Stuart. Alexx is the force behind Low Tox Life and is building an incredible movement through activism and education.
- 1/3 cup cacao (30g)
- 1/3 cup carob (40g)
- 1/3 cup black tahini (90g)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (100g)
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup or ricemalt syrup (40-70g) – to taste
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter (60g)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (optional)
- For GARNISH - mixed in a bowl, ready for dipping the bites into
- 1/3 cup white sesame
- 1/3 cup black sesame
- Melt the coconut oil if not already melted. Whisk everything in together. (Thermomix / MyCook = Speed 6, 15 seconds, scrape down, further 10 seconds)
- Pour into a small tray lined with baking paper, of about 25 x 15cm so it’s deep and can be cut into cubes once it’s set. You don’t want a ‘bark’ vibe too flat.
- Set in freezer for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Pull out of freezer and cut into squares with a good knife.
- Dip squares into sesame. Your warm fingers will melt the outsides enough to stick the sesame to all sides.
- Once well coated, pop onto a plate and pop all the bites back into the freezer.
Alexx Stuart is doing a cooking demonstration at our GoodnessMe Wholefood Night Markets at the Grounds Of Alexandria on the 19th of June. Click here to get your tickets!
Find out more about Alexx here: