Who doesn't love a massive stack of pancakes for breakfast? These bad boys are super healthy and of course super delicious.
- 1 cup Natural Evolution banana starch
- ½ cup Dad's Oats, ground to flour in blender
- 1.5 cups almond/coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, mixed with 3 tbsp water to form a chia egg
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon + extra for serving
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
Almond butter caramel:
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 4 tbsp boiling water
Method | Makes 10-12
- Combine chia seeds with water to form chia egg, allowing to stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice one large banana. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place all dry ingredients (except cinnamon), and mix together, ensuring no clumps.
- Pour almond milk and vanilla extract into dry mixture, whisking to combine.
- Fold through chia egg when ready, whisking all ingredients until smooth. Add a splash more milk if required.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, use a ladle to scoop out approximately 2-3 tbsp pancake batter at a time.
- Place 3 slices of banana on the uncooked side and sprinkle with cinnamon. When bubbles form, use a spatula to flip pancake to cook other side for a further 2-3 minutes. Repeat process until batter is finished.
- Prior to the last batch being finished, boil the kettle and scoop 2 tbsp almond butter into a small frying pan.