Need a bit of breakfast inspo? This 1 Minute Banana Bread Mug Muffin has been a group favourite on our NEW Online Program Going Whole, your 6 week guide to a wholefood life. This nifty recipe is so quick and easy to make in the morning (or even at the office) that there's really no excuse for skipping brekkie! [Click here to find out when Going Whole registrations open!](https://goodnessmebox.com/goingwhole" target="_blank)
Recipe: 1 Minute Banana Bread Mug Muffin
GF | DF | VEGAN | Serves 1
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 free range egg OR for a vegan option, a vegan ‘egg’ (1 Tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons water; Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes or until it thickens to a gel consistency)
- ½ a small or 1/3 of a medium very ripe banana, mashed
- ½ - 1 teaspoon rice malt or maple syrup OR 1-2 drops stevia for a sugar free option
- ¼ Cup LSA
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch cinnamon
[Click here to download your FREE Going Whole Chapter now!](https://goodnessmebox.com/goingwhole" target="_blank)
- Add the coconut oil to a tall mug and microwave on high for 10-20 seconds, or until melted.
- Crack the egg into the mug and whisk well (for the vegan ‘egg’, scoop into the mug and mix with the coconut oil).
- Add the rice malt syrup and banana to the mug and mix well, until all the wet ingredients are combined.
- Add the LSA, baking powder and cinnamon and mix again, until the mixture has a smooth, batter-like consistency.
- Microwave in the mug on high for about 1 minute, 20 seconds, or until the top looks cooked through.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes before eating straight from the mug with a teaspoon; Or, flip the mug upside down onto a plate – It should slide right out!
Don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one? This can also be baked in the oven; Just pour the mixture into a lined muffin tin and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Checkout the Going Whole Family Banana Muffin Creations!
"Day 1 of Going Whole by @goodnessmebox. It is really cool to see so many people begin their journey to a healthier life. When you get cake for breakfast you can't complain!" - @motivateater
"Cake for breakfast...Loved this Banana Mug Cake from the @goodnessmebox Going Whole program, perfect Sunday brekkie when you feel like something a lil sweet" - @eb.fiitness
"Breakfast is the same as yesterday but equally delicious! I had to make 3 of these babies today because my kids wanted one each!" - Melanie H
"Ready to improve my health and change my life with @goodnessmebox 's BRAND NEW Program: Going Whole! Delicious banana bread in a mug anyone?" - @anaestheticmind
"The #goingwhole One Minute Banana Mug Muffin certainly did not disappoint! And when the instruction says a "large mug" it really does need to be large or you'll have a muffin top like mine " - @1440_personal_training