Need a bit of breakfast inspo? This 1 Minute Banana Bread Mug Muffin has been a group favourite on our NEW Online Program Going Whole, your 6 week guide to a wholefood life. This nifty recipe is so quick and easy to make in the morning (or even at the office) that there's really no excuse for skipping brekkie! Click here to find out when Going Whole registrations open!
Recipe: 1 Minute Banana Bread Mug Muffin
GF | DF | VEGAN | Serves 1
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 free range egg OR for a vegan option, a vegan ‘egg’ (1 Tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons water; Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes or until it thickens to a gel consistency)
- ½ a small or 1/3 of a medium very ripe banana, mashed
- ½ - 1 teaspoon rice malt or maple syrup OR 1-2 drops stevia for a sugar free option
- ¼ Cup LSA
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch cinnamon
- Add the coconut oil to a tall mug and microwave on high for 10-20 seconds, or until melted.
- Crack the egg into the mug and whisk well (for the vegan ‘egg’, scoop into the mug and mix with the coconut oil need to test this).
- Add the rice malt syrup and banana to the mug and mix well, until all the wet ingredients are combined.
- Add the LSA, baking powder and cinnamon and mix again, until the mixture has a smooth, batter-like consistency.
- Microwave in the mug on high for about 1 minute, 20 seconds, or until the top looks cooked through.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes before eating straight from the mug with a teaspoon; Or, flip the mug upside down onto a plate – It should slide right out!
Notes: Don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one? This can also be baked in the oven; Just pour the mixture into a lined muffin tin and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. We need to test this
Checkout the Going Whole Family Banana Muffin Creations!
"Day 1 of Going Whole by @goodnessmebox. It is really cool to see so many people begin their journey to a healthier life. When you get cake for breakfast you can't complain!" - @motivateater
"Cake for breakfast...Loved this Banana Mug Cake from the @goodnessmebox Going Whole program, perfect Sunday brekkie when you feel like something a lil sweet" - @eb.fiitness
"Breakfast is the same as yesterday but equally delicious! I had to make 3 of these babies today because my kids wanted one each!" - Melanie H
"Ready to improve my health and change my life with @goodnessmebox 's BRAND NEW Program: Going Whole! Delicious banana bread in a mug anyone?" - @anaestheticmind
"The #goingwhole One Minute Banana Mug Muffin certainly did not disappoint! And when the instruction says a "large mug" it really does need to be large or you'll have a muffin top like mine " - @1440_personal_training