We all love snacking on our tigernuts, but if you're looking for another way to use 'em, you'll want to have a crack at this gluten free granola recipe, bursting with fibre and protein.
- 1 cup Tigernuts
- 2 cups mixed nuts - almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dedicated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed fruit - banana chips, sultanas, dried apricot
- 2 tbs honey (add more honey if you prefer your granola a little sweeter)
- 1 big tbs coconut oil
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Turn on over to 165 degrees Celsius
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until nuts are slightly broken up (skip this step if you refer whole nuts in your granola!)
- Use your fingers to ensure coconut oil and honey is completely combined
- Line tray with baking paper, spread mixture evenly over tray
- Bake in over for 10 minutes, removed and shake. Bake for a further 10 minutes, remove and shake. Bake for a final 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt – we love Westhaven Original Coconut Yoghurt
Recipe by Terra Firma Foods