Restaurant style 'rustic' Poached Eggs on Dukkah Avocado Toast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 pieces of thick cut bread (the seedier, the better!)
- 2 Organic Eggs
- Olive oil
- Half a lemon (juice)
- A few tablespoons of dukkah by Table of Plenty
- Crack the egg into a ramekin
- Fill the pan with water and add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- Bring the water to a boil
- Turn the heat down (but still ensure the water is bubbling). Add small splash of vinegar
- Make a whirling motion in the water and pour the egg as close to the centre as possible. After 30 seconds, give the water another whirl.
- Cook for approximately 3.5 minutes
- Meanwhile, toast the two slices of bread in a dry skillet on the stove, set to medium heat, for a few minutes on each side.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and divide the avocado slices evenly. Place poached eggs on top of the avocado and squeeze fresh lemon juice and sprinkle your Dukkah on top.