Finally, a yummy gummy that’s good for your tummy. Bring it on.
We are sharing a great gut boosting recipe kindly shared from our friend Lee Holmes' new book 'Supercharge Your Gut'. So if you feel like you need a bit of a digestive boost, be sure to make these delicious and refreshing apple cider gummy bears. Perfect for the kid's lunch boxes too!
GF WF DF
Makes about 12
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) apple juice (no added sugar)
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/14 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons powdered gelatine
- In a small saucepan, warm the apple juice and vinegar over medium heat.
- When it starts to bubble, remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the gelatine on top and whisk briskly until dissolved. Strain.
- Pour into teddy bear moulds, or other moulds of your choice, or into a small lined baking tin.
- Refrigerate for 1–2 hours, or until set.
- Turn out of the moulds, or cut into small squares to serve. The gummies will keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for 1–2 weeks.
To make Aloe Vera Gummies, replace the vinegar with aloe vera juice.
For Vegetarian Gummies, simply heat up 350 ml (12 fl oz) aloe vera juice in a saucepan, add 12 teaspoon agar-agar flakes or powder and stir to dissolve. Continue stirring for a couple of minutes. When the mixture starts to boil, remove from the heat, add some liquid stevia, vanilla extract, chopped mint or whatever spice you like — even berries would be nice! Pour into an ice-cube tray. Top with shredded coconut if you like, then refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until set.
‘Images and recipes from Supercharge Your Gut by Lee Holmes, Murdoch Books, RRP $35.00 Photography by Steve Brown’