These Almond Milk Jelly Cups are a great go to snack to keep in your fridge for when the 3pm munchies strike. They contain Gelatine, which is a good source of protein and contains eighteen protein-building amino acids. It’s a great ingredient to include in your gut-healing arsenal, as it seals the digestive tract to help boost nutrient absorption.
Makes 1 Cup.
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) almond milk (see page 123)
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1 teaspoon Heal Your Gut Powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla power
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia
- Put half the almond milk and the gelatine in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk briskly until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining almond milk along with the HYG powder, vanilla and stevia, and whisk to combine.
- Pour into one or two glasses or jelly moulds and refrigerate until set. The jelly can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1–2 weeks.
Recipe created by Lee Holmes.
For more wholefood sweets recipes, download our FREE Wholefood Sweet Treats Recipe e-Book here.