Being the health nuts (and avid Instagram users) that you are, you would have come across dozens of delightful acai bowls. But thanks to its natural chocolate-y and berry flavour, acai powder is so versatile, it would be a downright shame to limit the way you eat it. Plus, the Brazilian berry has a ton of health benefits. It’s rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, and works wonders on inflammation, digestion, immunity and skin health. Hello, glow!
On that note, we want to share some of our favourite recipes that use acai – with insanely good results.
As for our acai powder of choice? It’s NutraDry’s Organic 100% Acai Powder. Made from whole acai berries, it doesn’t contain any fillers or bulking agents, so what you see is exactly what you get.
Acai & Cocoa Bliss Balls
When you’re feeling peckish in between meals or after a workout, pop one of these bliss balls – they’ll boost your energy and satisfy that sweet tooth (minus the guilt).
- 65g raw almonds, soaked
- 65g cocoa, plus extra
- 125g Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp acai powder
1) Put the almonds, cocoa, dates, chia seeds and acai powder into a food processor and blend until combined.
2) Scoop 1 teaspoon of the mixture and roll it between your hands to form a small ball.
3) Roll the ball into cocoa until coated. Set aside.
4) Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
5) Place bliss balls into the fridge for a few hours until they harden, and then serve!
Acai Fruit Jam
For a healthy yet moreish spread, whip up this jam. Starring acai powder, it’s low in sugar, packed with superfoods, and best of all, is 100% natural. No preservatives here! This is perfect on toast, or as a topping for muffins and raw desserts, and will stay fresh for about a week.
- ½ cup natural and organic apple juice
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tsp acai powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
1) Soak chia seeds in apple juice until the mixture becomes gelatinised.
2) Place blueberries into a food processor and blend until smooth.
3) Add blueberries, acai powder, lemon juice and maple syrup to chia seed mixture. Stir to combine.
4) Store in the fridge or serve immediately.
Top tip: Starving? Sprinkle nuts, seeds or granola over the jam for an extra kick.
Acai Gluten-Free Pancakes
These nutritious and delicious pancakes will kick start your day in the best possible way! The gluten-free recipe is pretty adaptable, so feel free to experiment by throwing in your superfoods of choice.
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 1 tbsp maple sugar (organic is best)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Coconut oil, for cooking
1) Whisk egg in a bowl.
2) Add acai powder, buckwheat flour, maple sugar, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla and water. Stir until combined.
3) Heat coconut oil in a frypan over medium heat.
4) Scoop a portion of pancake batter into the pan, and fry until the top begins to bubble. (This should take about 2 minutes).
5) Flip pancake over and fry until bottom browns.
6) Repeat with remaining batter.
7) Enjoy pancakes on their own, or serve with fresh fruit, yoghurt or granola.
Are you a fan of acai powder? Will you be trying any of these recipes?